The ONE TARGET Company
METIS Precision Medicine
METIS is a B-corp* founded in April 2017 by the confluence of a handful of scientists, among the leaders of oncogene research, and a group of visionary investors with the mission of translating cancer research findings into therapies.
Backed by over three decades of research focused on a specific oncogene, METIS benefits from a profound knowledge of the biology and pathology driven by MET, including cancer.
Metis owns the intellectual property of a suite of anti-MET monoclonal antibodies (the «Platform»), inactivating the MET oncogene.
Metis is developing a pipeline of "potential drugs", of which the most advanced MET inhibitor - hOA-DN30 - has proven to be "unique" and extremely effective against cancer in pre-clinical setting.
(*) Benefit Corporations or B Corps are companies that voluntarily meet the highest standards of purpose, responsibility, and transparency. They go beyond the goal of profit, and innovate to maximize the positive impact on communities, environment, and mankind.
New Patent: Product Candidate hOA-DN30 patent submitted
METIS approached by a couple of Big Life Science Multinationals over possible data sharing on R&D projects
hOA-DN30: selected as Product Candidate on the bases of anticancer efficacy on xenopatients and acceptable PK profile
METIS obtained EMA’s SME registration
AIRC awarded Prof. Comoglio’s project on a rare form of cancer (Cancer of Unknown Primary, “CUP”).
METIS is CUP project partner
Prof. L. Gianni joins METIS as Chief Medical Advisor
New Patent: “Deco-MaB” a single compound Co-targeting MET wt and HGF
METIS starts cooperation with University of Caen on "stroke"
C. Geroni joins METIS as Head of Pre-clinical Development studies and co-responsible for Asset’s Trade
First equity round investment with Club degli Investitori
Humanization of hOA-DN30 antibody (Selected Lead Candidate)
METIS starts to operate acquiring a significant patents portfolio of antibodies and cell lines
Co-founder and Former Scientific Director of the Candiolo Cancer Institute
- Full professor at the University of Torino Medical School
- 30 years of Met research
- Over 395 publications with > 38,000 citations
- Advisor for prestigious Life Sciences companies from the first Italian biotech
- IPOs to several transactions in the Pharma, Biotech and MedTech sectors.
- Co-founder of Studio Ciani Ramasco Accounting Firm
- Statutory Auditor in several high-profile industrial and financial groups (e.g. IBM, CNH Industrial, FCA, Eni, Intesa SanPaolo, Tyco International)
- Director of Medical Oncology, San Raffaele Institute, Milano
- Founder of the Michelangelo Foundation, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano
- Former consultant of clinical pharmacology, National Cancer Institute, NIH, USA;
- Over 280 clinical trial publications with > 25,000 citations
- Head of Cancer Stem Cell Research lab
- Associate professor at the University of Torino
- Over 30 years of Met experience
Cristina GeroniHead of Preclinical
- Over 35 years experience working in International Pharmaceutical R&D (Farmitalia, Pharmacia, Pfizer)
- More than 20 years of leadership roles in Oncology R&D and licensing-out oncology drugs
- Over 55 patents
- Head of Gene Transfer lab
- Lead researcher of DN30 for over 10 years
- More than 20 years of Met research experience
James HughuesProject Coordinator
- PHD in Genetics and Molecular Biology, MS in Biotechnology and BS Business Management
- Over 10 years of research experience.