METIS Precision Medicine
Confocal microscopy of a gastric cancer, displaying the MET oncoprotein (green) overexpressed at the cell surface
The one GENE company
The Metis monoclonal antibody wipe out the MET oncoprotein and inhibits the growth of cancer cells
METIS Precision Medicine
Backed by over three decades of research focused on a specific oncogene, METIS benefits from a profound knowledge of the biology and pathology driven by the oncogene MET, including cancer.
METIS is developing human anti-MET antibodies with the potential to be first-in class to treat diseases with a significant unmet medical need.
The most advanced anti-MET antibody - hOA-DN30 - has proven to be unique and extremely effective against cancer in pre-clinical setting.
METIS owns the intellectual property of a suite of anti-MET monoclonal antibodies (the «Platform»), targeting the MET oncogene.
New Patent: Product Candidate hOA-DN30 patent submitted
METIS approached by a couple of Big Life Science Multinationals over possible data sharing on R&D projects
hOA-DN30: selected as Product Candidate on the bases of anticancer efficacy on xenopatients and acceptable PK profile
METIS obtained EMA’s SME registration
AIRC awarded Prof. Comoglio’s project on a rare form of cancer (Cancer of Unknown Primary, “CUP”).
METis is CUP project partner
Prof. L. Gianni joins METIS as Chief Medical Advisor
New Patent: “Deco-MaB” a single compound Co-targeting MET wt and HGF
METIS starts cooperation with University of Caen on "stroke"
C. Geroni joins METIS as Head of Pre-clinical Development studies and co-responsible for Asset’s Trade
First equity round investment with Club degli Investitori
Humanization of hOA-DN30 antibody (Selected Lead Candidate)
METIS starts to operate acquiring a significant patents portfolio of antibodies and cell lines
The MET oncogene: from molecular biology to clinical trials.
Dr. Josep Tabernero (ESMO Executive Board) about Paolo Comoglio
Co-founder and Former Scientific Director of the Candiolo Cancer Institute
- Full professor at the University of Torino Medical School
- 30 years of Met research
- Over 395 publications with > 38,000 citations
- Advisor for prestigious Life Sciences companies from the first Italian biotech
- IPOs to several transactions in the Pharma, Biotech and MedTech sectors.
- Co-founder of Studio Ciani Ramasco Accounting Firm
- Statutory Auditor in several high-profile industrial and financial groups (e.g. IBM, CNH Industrial, FCA, Eni, Intesa SanPaolo, Tyco International)
- Director of Medical Oncology, San Raffaele Institute, Milano
- Founder of the Michelangelo Foundation, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano
- Former consultant of clinical pharmacology, National Cancer Institute, NIH, USA;
- Over 280 clinical trial publications with > 25,000 citations
- Head of Cancer Stem Cell Research lab
- Associate professor at the University of Torino
- Over 30 years of Met experience
- Over 35 years experience working in International Pharmaceutical R&D (Farmitalia, Pharmacia, Pfizer)
- More than 20 years of leadership roles in Oncology R&D and licensing-out oncology drugs
- Over 55 patents
- Head of Gene Transfer lab
- Lead researcher of DN30 for over 10 years
- More than 20 years of Met research experience
- PHD in Genetics and Molecular Biology, MS in Biotechnology and BS Business Management
- Over 10 years of research experience.